My Books

My Books
My Books

Wednesday, 24 June 2015

SUPANOVA Sydney 2015 - fantastic event!

I had the MOST FABULOUS TIME at the Sydney Supanova this year. Caught up with my publisher, Stephen Ormsby of Satalyte Publishing and a couple of other friends in the literary world.

I loved seeing some of my best fantasy and sci fi characters - Lord of The Rings, Star Wars, Dr Who, Transformers, plus some Disney favourites and anime. The Artwork was outstanding. Check out the metal sculptures!I took home a fabulous dragon made up scrap metal and machine parts. (see below)













It was fun sitting in to listen to Brady Bunch stars Mike Lookinland, Susan Olsen and Christopher Knight. I also managed to sneak in at the very last to see Mr Gorgeous himself, Nathan Fillion, of Castle and Firefly fame. What a truly funny guy! He knows how to hold an audience in the palm of his hand.

Plenty of people dressed up for the event, going to lots of trouble to look as authentic as possible. Impressive!










Among the many stalls and exhibits I saw amazing creative talent and purchased a few new treasures. These photos only show a fraction of what was there! What was so fantastic was that it was family friendly, there was no alcohol, no rubbish lying around, no drunken louts yelling and swearing - just hordes of smiling people having a great time and enjoying their favourite stories come to life. Brilliant!

If you're thinking of going next year, book early, book your parking and enjoy the hassle-free, well organised event in style! I came home with a brain bursting with ideas and couldn't wait to start tapping on my laptop.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy to accept comments on anything you see here!