My Books

My Books
My Books

Monday, 12 October 2015

Vikings, Fairies and Dragons - What's your bedside reading this week?

Eclectic Taste in Books
 I love reading an eclectic mix of books, all at the same time. If a novel captures my attention I read that exclusively, but usually I find lots of fascinating books I want to read and so they all end up on the bedside table!




Here's the bunch of books that are capturing my attention this week:

Conflux Spec Fic Convention
 Because I've just come back from the annual Conflux Speculative Fiction convention in Canberra, there are new books from fabulous Aussie writers here.

K.J Taylor's Tales of Cymria and T.B.Mackenzie's  The Dragon and the Crow from the Magickless series.















 






I've loved Celtic Art since college, when I came across The Book of Kells and fell in love, so it's a short step to reading about the Vikings in this fascinating insight into Viking life, The Viking Age - Everyday Life During the Extraordinary Era of the Norsemen  by Kirsten Wolf.



In a local junk shop on the weekend I came across a neat little book about Hadrian's Wall by A.R Birley, published by the Department of the Environment, her Majesty's Stationery Office 1963.  I had to have it!




I'm also drawing again - just little pen and ink drawings, based on William Morris, Pre-Raphaelite Art and fairy drawings of the 1900's. This beautifully illustrated book, The Ultimate Fairies Handbook by Susannah Marriott.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy to accept comments on anything you see here!