|Super Charlotte ch 1|
So how do you do it?
The deal is this - they release one chapter and see how it goes. If there is enough interest they release another and so on. Eventually they decide the work is worth publishing and BINGO! You have a book deal. You don't need an agent. You don't need an illustrator.
So come with me on this journey!
Read my first chapter. Won't take long. Leave a comment and watch my progress. I am hoping it inspires you too!
Here is the all-important link. Super Charlotte ch 1 Click and read!
Wanna try it too?
If this sounds like something you'd like to try, drop me a line and let me know how you went -
Here are my pre-upload tips.
I know its super exciting to think your work could be 'out there' being read, but before you press 'send' take a moment to read through my top tips. Make a good impression by being professional Ok?
- you must be the original creator of this work.
- proof read your work, the whole thing, thoroughly.
- get someone else to proofread your work OR use a program to read it to you while you check. I use 'Natural Reader'. Its brilliant! Finds mistakes I've overlooked hundreds of times because I'm so used to looking at it I don't see them anymore.
- read through the Inkitt guidelines thoroughly and make sure you understand them
- make sure its in an acceptable font, black (no colours!)
- remove title page, contents page, acknowledgements, bibliography etc. Just leave the chapters of your work in a single document.
- remove all those creative line breaks and rows of stars etc. Inkitt has its own page thingies. They don't like ours!
Good luck! But above all - have fun with it!