Writing workshops for children - Townsville

Just got back from a week in Townsville, Queensland, where I conducted writing workshops at a local school and had a ball! I have to say, I was so impressed by the standard of the stories written by the students. In a writing competition that spanned years Prep to 7, I awarded Best Boy's, Best Girl's, four Highly Commended and three Honourable Mentions, but it was tough making those decisions!


The weather was gorgeous as I flew in. Had tours around with my friend Liz and enjoyed the sights. Such a lot of lovely coastline!








 Got up close and personal with Mike's lizard. Not sure what it is yet, but it was very tame and so soft! Enjoy the feeding frenzy video!
 One of the amazing stories from the Prep/1/2 class. 'The Noty Moster" (The Naughty Monster) Absolutely gorgeous!














An original cartoon by Dan, inspired by cartoons of fellow student, Braedon. The best girl's story, by year 7 student, Kirsty, was exciting and fast paced.
feeding frenzy!

Comments

Popular Posts