What's your story about? - Selling your story to a publisher

A few years ago I attended a workshop by novellist Nicole Murphy who introduced us to Michael Hauge, a mentor to film script and novel writers. I started using his six stage plot structure immediately, which turned my novel from confusing to a contract!

Michael Hauge is a generous man. His website http://www.storymastery.com/ has loads of free advice for authors. I have recommended and passed on his advice in my own writing workshops. I've just watched this video selling your story in sixty seconds and bought the book. I'm rubbing my hands with glee, waiting for it to arrive!

So, if you're in a bit of a hole today with your writing, click over to youtube and watch some of Michael's videos. You'll soon be tapping away like a frenzied woodpecker.

Comments

Popular Posts