Bookfeast 2013 - Authors, Illustrators & 500 kids have lunch!

Wow! Again I enjoyed Bookfeast, 5th year in a row. Organiser, Michael Fraser is a genius. As is my habit, I invite the students at my table to write a story and win copies of my books. This year, the theme was 'Useless Superpowers.' And they had so much fun writing them! The winner was Zack, and runner-up, Renee, but all the stories were marvellous. Beginnings are VERY important to telling a good story, so here are some of them.

"It all started on that day of school, which should be fairly boring, but in this case it was fairly interesting... It was during maths class that the meteorite came..."
*****************
"The water stirred, the clouds were dark. Lightning split the sky... I woke up with a start, I felt somehow different. I reluctantly rolled out of bed and criticised myself in the mirror..."
****************
"Bobby McBob had a secret. He was able to teleport anywhere in a few seconds. But he hated his superpower as it transported to random places..."
*****************
"As Lucas strolled down the street he saw something that caught his eyes. A stall with a mahongany sign reading 'Super Growth Potion!.' Lucas thought about pranking his annoying little sister..."
*****************
"It's another day and it is the summer holidays. A few days ago I discovered I have a super power. My power is moving the earth with my hands and feet..."
****************
"When I was little, I was given a super power. This super power is absolutely useless... Super powers are great when you have one you can actually use. My super power is: I can only speak English when I am in water...."
****************
"When I was born I was given a useless super power from my parents. My mum is Wonder Woman and my dad is Batman. But my super power was useless... my ears would wriggle if someone lied...."
****************
"It's another day and its school holidays and I have to write an essay about if you could have a super power, what would it be? That made me start thinking... I decided to be invisible...."
***************
"When I was born my parents thought I was strange but once when I turned ten I figured out I had a super power. My name is Tom and I have a useless super power. My power is that my ears wiggle when people lie..."
****************
"One ordinary day I woke up and found out I have a useless super power, which was I could talk gibberish under water..."

Read the two winning stories on 'Woody's Friends' page (see the column on the right)
Enjoy!
cheers, Dawn

Comments

Popular Posts