Conflux Writers Day
Saturday April 5th 2014.
Apart from the excellent plenary sessions, there are many many workshops from which you can take your pick. I myself will be running a workshop - 'How to keep your writing career moving.' workshop schedule
The inaugural Conflux Writers Day will take place at the beautiful University House, Australian National University, Canberra. For one day, Australia’s speculative fiction writers will gather for hours of professional development.
The theme of the day is ‘The Writers Journey’, which will be covered by four sub-themes – ‘Writing Skills’, ‘Writing Processes’, ‘Submission and Publication’ and ‘Building a Career’.
Four plenary speakers will be addressing these themes. These speakers are:
There will also be concurrent presentations bringing great thoughts and ideas to writers at all stages of their career.
ProgramThe presenters are top notch authors with experience and skills to share. Even if you don't write Spec fic, you will find the sessions invaluable. Some of the topics covered include:
- 'The six inevitable mistakes of first-time writers',
- 'character motivation : getting away with murder',
- 'research like a ninja',
- 'How to keep your writing career moving',
- 'The elements of novels,'
- 'Building an online presence'.
- plus many, many more!
Click on the link below to read the abstract. To see all the abstracts, go here.
To register, download this form, complete it and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration for the Conflux Writer’s Day includes:
- Attendance for the day (giving you access to any sessions you wish)
- Morning/afternoon tea and lunch
- Conflux Writer’s Day satchel
- Access to presentation slides following the conference (where such slides are available and permission has been granted)
NOTE: Registration does not include the Aurealis Awards Ceremony.
You’ll be invoiced for the correct registration rate. Payment of registration is required prior to attending.
Members (member of Conflux 9/10, CSFG or ACT Writer’s Centre)*